- MARCH First meeting of the three founders (Simon, Taffy & Geoff the landlord of the White Lion, Brinklow) on Tuesday 16th March 2010. Held in the White Lion, Brinklow (that’s where the Lions comes from). Two weeks later, Justin joins.
- APRIL Club formally named as Sporting Lions FC. Millenium fields secured.
- JUNE First coaching session at the Millenium Fields.
We only have one age group the Under 7s.
- JULY First parents meeting. First competitive game (Norton Lindsay summer tournament).
- Entered two teams at the Long Lawford tournament.
- AUGUST Under 6 group added to playing numbers.
SMMC agree 3 year playing strip sponsorship deal for under 7 squad.
AGILITY agrees 3 year sponsorship deal for under 7 squad rain jackets.
- SEPTEMBER FA Charter Standard status achieved in twelve weeks!
- OCTOBER Committee increases to 4 (Zoe Newman)
- NOVEMBER two age groups and four qualified coaches. 2 x U7 friendlies played against Norton Lindsay.
- DECEMBER First dads v coaches match. First club Christmas Party.
- APRIL Committee increases to 6 (Richard Morgan and Karen Taylor)
Under 10s first training session. It is the first time some of the boys have participated in any kind of organised football.
Under 10s play their first competitive game, losing to Kenilworth Town Colts (0-4).
Under 10s win their first game against St. Peter’s Celtic (6-0).
Under 9s qualify for a place in division 1 in January.
Under 7s play their first game against Rugby Town. They lose 0-2 but were brilliant. Of the nine players, SIX were actually from the under 6 squad !!!
Sponsorship secured for under 10s from Prologis, who will have their branding on the squads’ shirts and rain jackets.
Storage facilities created at Millenium Fields.
Applied for McDonalds small grant funding for new pitch maintenance equipment.